Monday, April 11, 2011

Early morning run to the Hot Ditch...

Yesterday I decided that I was going to make a early run out on the water.  With no reports of anything biting at Rudee inlet over the weekend I decided to make another trip to the Hot Ditch in search of specks puppy drum and maybe a rockfish or two.  The morning started out with my alarm going off at 440AM.  I was on the water by 530.  Paddled over to a few spots that i had liked when I first came here the other day. Had my first fish in the boat of the season around 615.  Was just a small Speckled Trout but still a nice healthy looking fish that got a VMRC tag and got let go.  I fished until about 915.  In total I caught 3 Specks.  all in the same area.  I tried to scout out some other places but did really have any luck.  Great way to start the week  and my last day off of my 5-day break.  I think this is the earliest I have caught fish out of the kayak in the few years that Ive had it.  Hopefully that is a good sign of the summer to come.




A.

No comments:

Post a Comment