Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cape Hatteras

Looking back on some pictures I found from a few years ago reminded me of I would say my most memorable Kayak trip to this date.  I took a day trip down to Ramp 44 in NC to enjoy the world famous Cape Point fishing grounds.  There was a blitz of Spanish Mackerel that kept everyone busy for a few hours.  Add to the list a few Bar Jacks and Jack Crevells.   With that kind of lineup you know the sharks aren't to far away either.  I witnessed a shark the size of my 13'5" kayak swim right by me in the gin clear waters off of the point. All in all it was a terrific day out there.  It is a shame that these kind of trips will not happen anymore due to the greed of Audubon and SELC.  They have taken away public access to so many great areas in North Carolina.  I hope to one day be able to share these great trips with my own family but with the way it has worked out over the past few years I may never get that chance.



Tight lines...

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment